Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shake it, shake it.

Greetings from the laziest blogger ever. On that note, over the weekend I helped my sister edit her paper on digital media and the "second self," and I gave what sounded like very helpful insights from the "blogger's perspective," which is just hilarious to me because my friends actually have to remind me to update my blog. Triste.

Oh well! I had a most wonderful, relaxing, and fun extended weekend (and by "extended" I mean "consisting of real, class-filled weekdays that I converted into vacation days") at home in Chicago. I ate the shit out of Thanksgiving, and then after dinner all the cousins sat around nodding off while listening to our professional jazz pianist cousin play amazing songs for us. I spent the next couple of days hanging out with my sis and my parents, roaming the neighborhood, visiting grandma and grandpa, and seeing movies you have to see with your sister, like "Pride and Prejudice." (The best part about that was when Annie leaned over to me 10 minutes into the movie--when Mr. Darcy is being handsomely difficult and Elizabeth is being lovably sassy--and whispered, "this is exactly how I wanted it to be!" Totally.)

Then Brian came home from Hong Kong on Sunday, and the fun continued, since I decided to skip classes this week and not come back to NY until Tuesday night. Woot! We did everything from seeing "The Squid and the Whale," which I definitely recommend, to having sushi with Abbey. I even went to one of his law school classes on Monday, which was quite interesting. I learned all about authenticating evidence. Law school is so different from educational theatre...

And now I'm back, trying not to think about how fun and easy it is to be at home, and facing about a week and a half of ridiculous amounts of work. But then I'm done, and I am SO ready for this semester to be over! Not that it hasn't been great, but sometimes you've just had enough of certain classes. I'm trying to be very active and zealous in my approach to my final projects...we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although overdue, it was an excellent blog entry. Very Margaret-esque, with a slight hints of Kafka.

That's from "Squid and the Whale" if you haven't seen it, which you should do.