Monday, November 14, 2005

Owww!

I feel like all I want to do is be asleep, but I haven't been able to wind down yet. Today was a really intense day, for so many ridiculous reasons. For one, Mondays are always stressful this semester, because I have classes that go late at night, and usually I have something due. And I don't get to eat in between, and anyone who knows me knows that I don't do well when not fed.

But today was hard for lots of other reasons too. I got up in a good mood, well-rested, and decided to do some research on the courses I need to register for tomorrow and other things like scholarships and financial aid. I felt really on top of things until, after about six different phone calls, I discovered that in order to keep my scholarship, I'm going to have to take more credits than I was planning to, which affects how soon I finish my program, which affects where I go and what I do next year, which affects Brian's possible plans, which also affect me, and so on. On top of that, I realized that I'm one credit short of the requirement for this semester, which I think might be solved, but I had to scramble to fix that problem too. It's not that I was greatly saddened by the news or anything, it just really shook up my worldview with a whole bunch of new things to consider.

On the way to the train, while carrying many things and trying to eat a sandwich, I bit my lip so hard that it hurt my teeth. That was just the icing on the cake, because I was already harried due to the many places I had to go: First I had to go to work for a meeting that I was late for, then I rushed to NYU to rehearse a scene that I absolutely hatehateHATE and think is horrible and annoying, then went to mask class (for which I had to carry two heavy bags and a large piece of cardboard on many subways), then I had to go to class and perform the scene that I hatehateHATE, but which fortunately wasn't quite as horrible and annoying as it had been. I have subsequently bit my lip about seven times since the first overwhelmingly painful encounter, but at least class is over. (I apologize if that was tedious to read...but it was a tedious day. What can I do?)

Here are things that make me happy:

- I had an awesome weekend, spent mainly at a staff development retreat with my coworkers. We went to a summer camp place upstate, where we did ropes courses and other activities while bonding and finding each other hilarious. Seriously, everyone should get to work for people as supportive as that.

- I began to build a giant pig head today in my masks and puppetry class.

- I got my ticket home for Thanksgiving. 10 days till pie.

No comments: