Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dinner with the other Susie in my life!

So, Susannah has made it back overseas from England, and we celebrated with our much-anticipated yummy dinner. Be sure to read about it on both of our blogs, because I always wanted to be a part of her mouthwatering accounts of the meals she has. Here's my account: She met me after class and we walked through the West Village before settling on a place called Westville. I had kale soup, Susie had grilled cheese (not just any grilled cheese-- this one had gouda and cheddar and interesting-looking bread and greens), and we split this "market vegetable" thing, where we got to choose four different veggie sides--through a very egalitarian, football draft-like process--that were all amazing: beets with walnuts, spaghetti squash with nutmeg, artichoke hearts with parmesan, and snow peas with sesame and ginger. Afterwards, feeling very healthy and veggie-riffic, we went to Cafe Angelique and had fancy coffee drinks and the biggest slice of french mousse cake ever. We caught up on our lives since we both left Ann Arbor and went various places (England, Chicago, New York)--or rather, we filled in the blanks, since we already know so much from stalking each other on our blogs. I hadn't realized how long it had been since we'd seen each other. Thanks for calling me Susie, it was the perfect end to an otherwise boring weekday!

While we were enjoying ourselves at dinner, I was able to ignore my nagging cold symptoms...but now, not so much. I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up with a slightly worse one. However, I feel it could go either way here. It's one of those times where I know that by the end of the day I'll feel way better or way worse. We shall see--the morning's always the worst, right?

No comments: