Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Almost famous.

Hooray, Brendan got an agent for his novel! Who knows where it will take him next, but as he put it, it might be the happiest he will be during the whole process, so it was reason to celebrate. To do that, I stopped at Beauty Bar last night (where he DJs from 6-11pm on Tuesdays, anyone in NYC!), gave him a gift of his favorite candy bar, and had a pint of Pumpkinhead ale. And it really tasted like pumpkin. It was strange.

My weekend was fun...strangely it's almost the weekend again in my mind, since it's Wednesday. Brian was in town after three endless weeks, and we managed to go to my after school program (he runs a mean game of Simon Says, lemme tell ya, got me almost every time), go to clandestine sake bars with my roomies, visit his friends, hit a hot club, play racquetball (yes, I lost this time, shut up), and see Capote, all before he became deathly ill with the "little bug" I had when he arrived. Apparently the weird stomach pains and feverish feelings I was having on Friday were contagious, and they hit him ten times as hard. Poor guy! I felt bad, but we did have a good time before he became bedridden.

Now I have to plan fun activities for the kids today and look for a Halloween costume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction 10/26/05: Above the Blue Pool's recent posting mis-chronicled the series of events that occured during the author's weekend. Brian became ill before he won the racquetball game and not after. Sincerest apologies for the misstatement.

**********************************************************************

And it was wonderful weekend, even when I was confined to bed.