Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hear ye, hear ye...

It's a few days late, but it must be said:

Yours truly BEAT Brian two games out of three in an intense racquetball session over the weekend. It might seem over the top to announce it on my blog, but you must understand how unprecedented it is. I wish I had a victory photo. Alas.

Anyway, the weekend was fantastic, of course. I had class for a big chunk of the time, but luckily my sister and her boyfriend generously kept Brian entertained and plied with interesting drinks for many hours at Brendan's restaurant, The Modern. And when I was not in class, we had fun. We walked in Central Park on what was possibly the most beautiful day of the year, and walked around much of lower Manhattan as well. Oh, and we had wine and cheese. (And in the process tasted the stinkiest cheese ever. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some cheese, but this was stinky on soooo many levels.) Sunday we saw this great exhibit at the Met about photography from the turn of the century that attempted to prove the existence of ghosts and other spiritual phenomena by capturing them on film (or pretending to, depending). I recommend it. And did you know that there is a phenomenal rooftop garden at the Met, with sculptures and a breathtaking view of the city? I did not.

So this weekend I'll have some free time (!) since my work has finally slowed down, and I'm hoping to do some more city exploration on my own. I feel like I've fallen into a definite routine, but there's so much more to see and do that it's mind boggling. And exciting.

No comments: