Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Take this train.

I just checked my blog to see if it had been updated. As if someone else might have done it.

Anyway, things are trucking along...I've been going to class and reading about research methods. I've been hanging out with lovely people like Zachary and Dr. Science and my sister and her boyfriend, Brendan. I've given directions to people on the subway and street. That's exciting, though I'm convinced it may have more to do with my midwestern approachability than anything that makes me look like a New Yorker. Oh, and I got hit on the head (painfully, but not at all seriously) on the subway late the other night, on purpose, by one of a group of obnoxious teenage specimens. That was awesome. It was one of the most humiliating and infuriating experiences of my life (and I blubbered about it for a while afterwards--poor Brian who answered the phone to a sniffling, sobbing me). But if that's the case, things could be a lot worse. I swore I would get angry at anyone who laughed when I told them the story, but I find myself laughing with them now...

Oh, and I registered for classes. That was exciting and nerve-wracking. So I'm all set. My saintly father arrives this weekend with all our stuff and we begin the final phase of the move.

No comments: