Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Excitement!

Here are some cool things going on in my life:

1. Five days until San Francisco!

2. Andrew is back in NYC! He and Susie and I played around the Village and Lower East Side yesterday. Our afternoon included a yummy vegetarian lunch at Red Bamboo, a rather long walk to find a missing backpack, a very early and extrememly inexpensive happy hour, and McFlurries. It's so exciting to have him here, and to hear about his crazy summer as a Marine chaplain.

3. I finished my first grad school class by turning in my final paper yesterday. That was exciting, and I felt like I did a pretty good job and learned a lot. Hooray.

4. I got a carpet for my room! That's really only exciting to a few people, but it's really nice that that complicated quest is over.

Now for the next month, I get to row in a race with my father, go visit Brian (holy crap, it will have been five weeks without seeing each other by the time I get there--I am soooooooo excited), and then go home for a wacky family reunion in the form of my uncle's 50th birthday, all before classes begin after Labor Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am excited about your new carpet.

when i come to nyc you are taking me somewhere yummy to eat and then we can both read about it in our journals.

-svrs

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got to see you win, Miss #1 Rower Lady! You were AWESOME! But what's this about San Francisco? Did I just miss that whole part of our conversation? Great to see you in Boston...