Sunday, March 20, 2005

My apartment smells like lilies and I love it.

It feels like I've had a pretty quiet weekend to myself, even though I wasn't by myself much of the time. After what seems like the longest week of my entire life, probably because it was leading up to CPS spring break and thus a sweet, sweet vacation from after-school this week, I almost fell asleep for the night on Friday at about 8:30. But thanks to Josh (Susie's boyfriend who's in town), I already had a ticket reserved for me for a show at the Empty Bottle, so I dragged my ass out of the house and enjoyed myself, even if I did leave around 12:30 after sort of falling asleep standing up. Hopefully everyone just thought I was really enjoying the music, which was good. Josh and Susie have had several social engagements this weekend (and Brian's out of town, which I wish would hurry up and stop), so yesterday I had a lazy afternoon. Last night I got to see a friend of mine from study abroad, Vanessa, and it was fantastic. I've literally seen her twice in the last three years, but she's such a funny, open, intelligent person, and it's one of those things where you just fall into a normal, fun conversation right away. She, Alex and I drank wine and then she and I were treated to a lovely Italian dinner at a restaurant with their childhood friends--I was the only non-DC native, strangely enough--and then had more drinks later. I fell into bed at 3am and made damn sure I slept until 11.

Sunday afternoon was as lazy as Saturday...many Sopranos episodes...and now that Josh and Susie are going out, I'm going to make some kale and white bean soup (thanks, Martha!). It's clearly nice to have some chill time, time to watch DVDs with no set time to stop, to write boring-ish life update blog posts, to wander around a bookstore and almost buy Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities (seriously, the intro was soooo interesting), to not set an alarm to wake up for anything, to think that I should use some Sunday afternoon time to vaccuum the dust water buffalo that have accumulated around our apartment and then decide not to and read Bust magazine instead. Let Spring Break 2005 begin.

1 comment:

The once and future Dr. Science said...

"my new spin-off blog smells like my computer and I just hit my head on my desk."

http://transgene.blogspot.com