Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bicycles.

The smell of the warm springtime air coming through my open office window is driving me absolutely crazy. Why on earth did I not find an excuse to skip work today?? If I don't get to go outside and play at some point, I think I might just die.

That's one of the many things I have always adored about Chicago: the beautiful smell of the air when winter is finally over. It could just be because I have positive childhood associations with it, but I think it's just the most wonderful thing. (I must confess, it's something I'm not so excited about in New York-- I know from experience that summertime air there mainly smells like garbage, though I could never put it as eloquently as my dear friend Dr. Science did, upon his arrival in NYC many months ago...)

Speaking of warm weather, we're going to the Working Bikes Cooperative this week to get Brian a bike, so we can bike everywhere! Working Bikes is an excellent organization, by the way. If you're in or around Chicago, you must needs check it out. And one of the first places we'll glide into on our bikes will be The Handlebar, obviously.

No comments: