Monday, July 26, 2010

Po! Len! Ta!

YUM.

Upon hearing that Brian had both a) lots of work at the office, and b) plans to see Predator with a friend, I promptly came home and whipped myself up a LOVELY meal of organic broccolini and grilled polenta (stovetop instead of real grill, out of propane, sadly) topped with pesto, tomato, and parmesan. Also, last week we got a Groupon for a poopload of great California wines for like, 70% off the original price of $poopload. Chilled sauvignon blanc? Don't mind if I do!

Sal and I lounged around and enjoyed the summery evening, and the polenta was so damn good that I got right back up and grilled myself another piece, this time attempting to make it a "dessert polenta." I must say, my strawberry polentacake adventure was not half bad!

For more tales of culinary adventure, check out my sis's blog for the play-by-play on this weekend's Great Hotdog Cookoff!

2 comments:

Haddock said...

70% off the original price ?
Those who drink must be going crazy.

Unknown said...

Alright, that sounded so good, I'm jealous. But too hot for polenta around here. My family tradition is to whip up some polenta on the day of the first snow fall. I so miss my Aunt Venzi who would be the first to have it on the stove top and served us a version she called "mush"! Your blog is delicious!