Monday, January 17, 2005

N to the Y to the...

Well!

About a month ago, I applied to grad school. This morning I got an email from the program--Educational Theatre at NYU--informing me that I had been accepted! Yes!

My stomach pretty much dropped, and I sort of spun around in my desk chair for a few moments, not knowing what to do next. Then, of course, I called my parents. Then I spun around a little more.

Oh man! It's a huge change and kind of scary, but it's exciting, because I feel like finally (!) my life has a little of the direction I've been craving for such a long time. Susie took me out to lunch and when she picked me up I skipped to the car.

I can't write much more about all of this now, since it hasn't sunk in yet.

I think I'm going to go to Ann Arbor this weekend, for the first time in a year and only about the second time since I left there for good. I miss it so much. I think the timing is perfect.

4 comments:

Mango Pancakes said...

Score!

Couch said...

Congratulations! Your site made our "Blogs of Note" list.

http://rantsfromag.blogspot.com/2005/01/blogs-of-note_18.html


btw. ann arbor? home of the enemy? damn wolverines...

James said...

Things ain't never not going to be the same no more. Many combolations, Elisagerth.

Anonymous said...

holy shit!!!!

congratualtions!

this is huge! huge i tell you!

we must have lunch in nyc when i am in the area visiting home and my sis.

HOORAY!!!

-schutt.